Need instructions for Driver side 1/4 floor pan replacement

The front driver side floor pan needs to be replaced in my Beetle, the rest of the pan (from the back to under the driver seat) is fine. I just need to replace the floor pan under my feet.

I have a whole driver side pan and I plan to cut out the front half and have someone weld it in after I remove the rusted floor pan.

Is there a good website for this, I have found old websites that no longer exist on this newsgroup. I have found websites detailing whole driver/passenger side floor replacement with the body off. Can I replace the front driver side floor pan without lifting the body and if so is there a good reference online?

-Raul

Reply to
rauldejesus

Hi Raul

It depends on how good a job you want to make ?

For a good strong and cheap repair, weld a patch taken from your new pan to the underside of the old pan.

Otherwise there is a lot of dismantling, pedals have to come out, and chopping of spot welds etc etc.

your brake line runs by your feet so be careful when welding either way.

If you want to go the hard way, let us know and we can help.

Rich

Reply to
tricky

I'd check out the

videos on that subject - they make the procedure very clear and it is the best money you'll spend on information. You don't have to yank the body off. I isn't really difficult but will take some hard work.

This link has stills from the video and is very informative:

Remco

Reply to
Remco

It seems like a helluva lot more work than just replacing the entire pan half...

Reply to
Gary Tateosian