type 2, no idle problemo

runs fairly well, at speed, but no idle, hot or cold. any ideas? a '75 Van. yes, F.I. trouble started after a rainstorm.

Reply to
A Veteran for Peace

Had similar problem on my 78 Bus. Cold start valve was getting a bad signal from heat sensor on #3 head. Replaced sensor . That fixed problem.

Be Cool.....AIRCOOLED !!

"Wild" Bill Tucker President Rare Air VW Club Pensacola, Florida '78 VW Bus ( "Old Rusty" ) '76 Bug "The Grape" '69 Squareback , Arizona car, Automatic

Rare Air VW Club Website:

Wild Bill Tucker

Not nitpicking, but ColdStart has its own "thermostat" and doesn't use the head sensor. Cold Start only functions during cranking.

The head sensor controls mixture over a wide operating range.

I wondered about the head sensor causing his idle problem, but it will usually affect more than idle when it goes bad.

Could it be a vacuum leak or a timing problem? Or the Aux Air regulator?

There is a simplified diagram of the FI control on my web site:

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim