Cold Startup Noise

I have a 04 S40 (1.9Liter Turbo) with about 42K miles. Great car, but on cold startup I get an annoying see-saw creaking noise that goes on and off at 1 sec intervals for about 1 minute. I asked the dealer and they said it was normal aux electr IC vacuum pump (whatever that is) that is designed to provdie additional vaccum to intake on start. I checked out some other s40s and they don't seem to have this issue. Can anyone tell me if they have had this problem and if there is anyway to get rid of the noise.

Reply to
Markos

I had one that made a squeeking (could be see saw) noise on start-up. Turned out to be a broken center motor mount. Look at it, you can see if it's cracked.

Reply to
FB