Turbo Noise

Hi

Can anyone help me diagnose a noise that seems to be coming from the area of the turbo.

The car is a 2005 Range Rover MkIII L322 which has the BMW 3ltr 6cl diesel engine. I think it has a Garrett Turbocharger.

At around 2000RPM I start to notice a sound rather like a police siren which rises and falls with engine RPM. Above 4000RPM the sound is drowned out by normal engine noise. Engine power and fuel consumption appear to be the same as before the noise started.

I have been told this noise may be from a split or damaged hose, gasket or turbo.

Has anyone had experience of a 'singing' turbo like mine.

Any suggestions or opinions will be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
Count de Monet

All turbos make a noise, the one on that car is pretty noisy anyway, but that does sound like it could be buggered, or at least a split hose. Get it checked out.

Reply to
Nige