Premature alternator failure 2003 T&C with 42K miles

I just had my alternator fail - it got very noisy. Replaced with a new unit from Chrysler. Anyone else have this problem? The only thing I can think of, other than this was a bad unit, is that the fill for the windshield washer tank is directly above the alternator. I'm going to use a funnel to fill from now on, and be more careful.

Marvin Stockman

Reply to
marvinstockman

The bearings are very well sealed. Even if you sloshed washer fluid directly onto the alternator, you wouldn't spoil them. I think you just had a freak early failure.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern