FUEL PUMP PROBLEM - VOLVO V40

About two months ago my V40 suddenly stalled - a classical case of fuel starvation!!! Since the first time it happened twice after that. When I queried it with the local Volvo dealer, his first question was - "was it a very hot day?" On all three occasions the temperature was in the high 30's (C). I took it to the dealer this week and I was told that I must replace the fuel pump - R4 200.00 (South African Rand). The person I dealt with stated that it is a well known problem with the V40 as the fuel filter and pump is so close to the hot tar on the road.

I believe that if it is a "well known" problem with the V40 that the petrol pump packs up due to high temps, then it is a latent defect in the design of the car. Volvo South Africa should then solve the problem and recall all the V40's and apply the solution to them.

Is there anybody else, especially in South Africa, who experienced the same problem?

HBA

Reply to
Bernard Aucamp