Volvo V40

I own a volvo v40 1.9TD 1997 p-reg,my only problem is after about 10 mins driving the oil warning lamp comes on.I have checked the level which is just below the max mark.Could this be the oil service light i've heard about?.So if i have a oil/filter change will this warning light go out or could it be something more sinister.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
sparkyman via CarKB.com

Check the oil presure with a gaufe - it could be the oil switch that is defective.

"sparkyman via CarKB.com" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@CarKB.com...

Reply to
ENN

"sparkyman via CarKB.com" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@CarKB.com...

It could be that you're using wrong oil wiscosity. When the oil gets warm it becomes to thinn, so the pump can't maintain a pressure.

/Erik Lidén

Reply to
Erik Lidén