Radiator fan (electric )

My wife's 740t has the fan in front of the radiator wired to come on when the air con is used so I got mine done too as now we are on 134a gas the air is not as cold as before. My concern is the amp meter goes way over left when the air con switches on .My dash light dim a little yet my battery is fairly new 530 cca .Is this normal as I now notice both go over to the left a fair way? 740t 88 740t 90 sweet cars

Reply to
John Robertson

Does it return after a few seconds? If so, you are probably fine.

The headlights dim in my S70 when the air pump comes on. After a couple seconds, they return to normal brightness. This is just a somewhat sluggish voltage regulator reacting to a sudden increase in electrical demand, nothing to worry about. I verified this with a voltmeter.

Reply to
Jim Carriere

.My dash light dim a little yet my battery is

740 and 940s have a problem with bad contacts in the fuse panel. Check to make sure that the fuse you are using isn't overheating. Overheat = poor contact high resistance = voltage drop = low voltage = dim lights. Often there is a common feed to several fuses and the feed wire overheats. Heater controls, blower, AC clutch, seat heaters etc. Crimp connectors or connect a 2'nd feed wire.

Al

Had 79 245 D, 81 240 D, 86 240 320,000mi and running fine when traded 94 944 Green 257,503 mi CRUNCH Parted out Have 94 944 White 149,000 The New one 94 944 Maroon 135,000 mi

Reply to
Vrparts