S80T6, years 1999-2000

Hi All,

Can anybody please tell me how reliable the s80 T6's from years 1999-2000 are?

What are the yearly maintenance costs for approx 20000 miles per year?

Thank you

Reply to
dimka

In all my time of ownership I have only spent $300 in repairs. Two local fellow Volvo owners report similar experiences, one has had NO claims that were not covered by warranty at the time. Despite some perceptions, the '99 - '00 T6s are great cars!

Reply to
<bajaman123

not very.....

you should be safe budgeting around 2-4k per year....if you are lucky...you won't need all of it...

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

After reading many posts.. I think the cars are not very reliable.. however, I happen to have a 2000 S80 T6, and have had no problems (65K miles now). I change my own oil, had the front breaks replaced at the dealer at my request (did not need it, but I wanted them checked and decided to have them changed at the same time) and the dealer changed my tranny fluid at my request at about 30K miles. No other dealer expenses have occurred. I knock on wood and thank the Volvo god that my car seems to be OK. I have several lose outside body panels and I will tighten someday - this is due to hitting pot holes / train tracks I assume.

Although I like my car, you keep reading others reports.. and if it were me, I'd buy another type.

sc

Reply to
Scott C

Reply to
Rob Guenther

This is one site that shows the S80 T6 as being among the MOST reliable.

I have a good relationship with my dealership and mechanics, I have asked them honestly what they think, and their opinions are the same as mine. Namely, it appears that the early T6s were either very, very good or very, very bad. There are certainly those cars that are just...lemons....that constantly caused owners incredible headaches. There are also relatively minor problems associated with the car that were incredibly exacerbated by near-criminal dealer ineptitude or apathy.

Reply to
<bajaman123

I've had my 2000 S80 since it was new and the only money I've spent on it besides wax, soap, leather cleaner, tires, gas and the regular scheduled maintenance is for two broken fog light lenses. The S80 has above average ground clearance for it's class but you still need to look out when you pull up to a higher than normal curb. I haven't even had to change any brake pads after 50,000 miles but I think it's time next service.

If you are buying a used car I would make sure it is not a "flood car". Water and electronics do not go together and any S80 caught in a flood to the point that water flooded the floor panels is subject to early corrosion and failure of the electrical connectors.

Mike

Reply to
Mike