S80 T6

I have a misfire on no 4 P0304, Which way are the cylinders numbered? My guess is from left to right looking at the engine with the cam-belt on the left.

Gerry ....

Reply to
GI7B

You are correct, sir. Left when looking at the engine, right when in the driver's seat.

You didn't say what year, but the S80 seems to be the same from

1999 - 2004 (as new as this site goes...)
MasterBlaster

Replaced it this afternoon with a second hand ebay £8 bargain, running like it should and better than before it failed. It's a 2000, I think they replaced the straight 6 Bi turbo with a V8 in about 2006 here in the UK.

Gerry ....

Reply to
GI7B

On an inline engine, #1 is always on the accessory end of the engine, opposite the flywheel/transmission end.

Reply to
James Sweet

a very succinct & accurate definition.

Reply to
Richard W Langbauer

Not when it is a Pugueot or Renault engine - they are numbered flywheel to crank pulley....

Tim.

Reply to
Tim..

Good to know, I guess there's bound to be other strange backwards designs out there, the vast majority go from the accessory side to the flywheel.

Reply to
James Sweet