Strange system of free turovers in B230F ?!

Hallow! I've got strange system of free turns in my engine. I set the free turns by the screw, I can set the free runs in level what I want,..for example : 500 rpm or 1300 rpm. But I observed,that I 've got Idle Control Valve too. It's original, or something is bed. Why I've got the Idle Contorl Valve and screw,...for what I've Idle Contorl Valve in my engine, if I set the free turns by the screw?

Photo of the screw:

Photo of the Idle Contorl Valve:
I've got LH2.2 system.

all the best...

Reply to
sq1euo

You set the base idle by shorting out the IAC, via blue/white jumper wire to ground. When it's shorted out, use the knob to set the idle to spec, then remove the jumper.

It's all in the Bentley bible (Volvo DIY service book: get one)

Reply to
zencraps

Uzytkownik napisal w wiadomosci news: snipped-for-privacy@e56g2000cwe.googlegroups.com...

Where I find the blu/white jumper?? I must connect this jumper to ground when I use the konb to set the idle?? I asked, because, when I turn the konb the free turns is go down or up,..without connecting this jumper to ground!

Reply to
sq1euo

The correct method is to clamp one of the two hoses so that the air does not go through the IACV. Set the idle speed to about 500 rpm with the adjustment knob. When you release the clamp the idle speed should come up to about 750 rpm. This is the official method.

All the best, Peter.

700/900/90 Register Keeper, Volvo Owners Club (UK).
Reply to
Peter K L Milnes

U¿ytkownik "Peter K L Milnes" napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci news:dv2emj$r14$ snipped-for-privacy@nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...

Thx for the answer! OK,..i clamp the in-hose and try to set the idle speed - 500 rpm, by the knob. I've got the problem with my idle speed,..something is OK, the idle sped is

800 rpm and all is good,....but something the idle speed was stopped in 1000-1100 rpm,....something is ok - about 800 rpm, but engine is vibrating, so it's feeling in the weel or the door inside the car. I think,may be the IACV is dirty,so I want to clean it,..I'll use the carburetor-cleaner liquide,..but I don't know, if I'll clean it, i must to grease it or not? If Yes,..what I have to use? How can I check, that the IACV is ok,..or broken??

One of alt.autos.volvo user writte: " You set the base idle by shorting out the IAC, via blue/white jumper wire to ground. When it's shorted out, use the knob to set the idle to spec, then remove the jumper." Is true or not? I must connenct the jumper or not? Where I find it? Or if I clamp the hose I haven't to connect this jumper?

My friends in their B230F haven't knob to set the idle speed,..they have only IACV,...I've got strange system (witch the knob)???

Sorry for many questions,but You're only one person who can help me:))

Bye!

Reply to
sq1euo

Uzytkownik "User" napisal w wiadomosci:

After 1984 (big IAC motor) and after 1989 (adaptive control units) the system was fitted with the thumbscrew to trim the base idle setting. With the throttle switch loose but set against the idle contacts, shut off the air supply to the IAC, and turn the thumbscrew all the way in.

------------------------

I've to clamp the hose to IAC??? What I have to do with Throttle Switch?? I don't understeand,...sorry:))

A warm engine should barely idle at 450-500 rpm. Adjust the throttle plate so that it does so. Tighten the throttle switch screws. Open the air to the IAC. The idle speed should be between 750-850 RPM. If the idle speed needs to be higher, as when the throttle plate gets dirty, adjust the idle upward and back to spec by opening the thumbscrew slightly. The throttle switch should produced an audible click as the throttle is cracked open.

I hear a click when I moved the throttle,...I've moved it 1 mm up and I hear a click!

Tell me,..I must clean only IAC or Throttle body too?? When I set the idle speed,..I have to clamp the hose IAC ,..set the idle speed at 500 rpm,..and put out the hoste,..and the idle speed must go up, to 800 rpm?? Yes or not?

I'm sorry,but my english is not so good,. :))

all the best and thanks for answer

Reply to
sq1euo