03 Jetta 2.0 check engine error codes

Need some advice on next course of action to resolve the following problem. My 2003 Jetta 2.0 GLS w/117K+ miles, check engine light will not turn off and keep receiving the following error code "6804 - Catalyst System; Bank 1: Efficiency Below Threshold P0420 - 35-00

-"

Replaced both O2 sensors, changed wires and plugs, as well as replaced thermostat and anti-freeze. I found some articles on the web stating that the CAT is clogged and needs to be replaced. Is this true?

I have another problem, which I'm not sure is related to the above issue. Whenever it rains the car sputters the check engine light flashes for 2/5 seconds, then light will eventually go away and the car will run normal again. I'm guessing the coil is getting wet, which is creating a bad electrical connection??

Has anyone seen these problems? I love my car and just want o get it back to normal.

Rob

Reply to
Rob

could be cat