Alarm Question

'04 Golf... Today the alarm started going off with the car sitting in the driveway--- It is the VW alarm sys. that came with the car. I found the dash kept showing that a door wasn't closed, and the rear hatch was the culprit. I opened it and closed it and it seemed ok, but when I drive it , the dash open door light flickers on and off and I can hear like a relay clicking in the back by the hatch, and up front, under the dash. My question is, where is the switch located for showing the hatch is shut? Is it the same switch that works the inside light?

Reply to
Timothy H

I'm sure they're connected somehow. This sounds like a problem minor enough for a VW dealer to figure out. Take it in, as you're still under warranty.

Reply to
Ken Sternberg

It's on the rear hatch latch. It's a small microswitch and you can see it if the trim is removed.

Reply to
Woodchuck

Yes you got it one and the same its probably loose or you have a faulty relay. Also check for and wires frayed touching ground intermitently

Reply to
DonnaSnshn