check engine light code p0442

hi, I have a 1997 jetta GLS. The check engine light came on yesterday. Took it in to autozone to have it read, and it came back as p0445.

says that it is an"Evaporative Emission Control System Leak Detected (small leak)" . I checkedthe gas cap, and the light is still on. How do I reset the light? Is thereany thing else that I should look for. I am getting a repair manualtomarrow. thanks

Reply to
Kaleb Knauff

try waiting a day or two of driving. it might turn back off! ;-) later, dave Reminder........ Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes. Frieda Norris

Reply to
dave

Yep. Had this happen with my Eurovan and after about 100 miles and several start-stop cycles it turned itself off.

Reply to
Matt B.