crack in coolant overflow tank

I decided to change the coolant in my 96 Golf (49000 miles) despite the owner's manual claim that it never needs to be changed. I'm also hoping that replacing O rings in some hose connections will stop a slow loss of coolant. While doing this job I noticed that when the engine was running and warm there was a drip that appeared to start at the seam around the "equator" of the globe shaped overflow tank. It seems plausible that this could be responsible for the slow loss of coolant. Is there any history of these tanks cracking, particularly at the seam? Is it possible that I can use epoxy to repair it? In another post I read that these things have an inner wall so maybe a repair is more complicated than it appears.

Ray

Reply to
Raymond Cruz

Replacing the o-rings may not work. I replaced them too but it turned out to be cracks in the plastic connections. They also changed shape...

SFC

"Raymond Cruz" schreef in bericht news:z9YGe.6309$W72.3111@trndny05...

Reply to
SFC

Just purchase a new one and be done. No there's no history for them cracking and there's no recall on them.

Reply to
Woodchuck