Golf MK4 1.4 Problem, PLEASE help!! :-)

Hi,

I have a problem with our Golf and was wondering if anyone could please advise...

The problem is, when bringing the clutch up after making a gear change or after pulling away you can hear a weird sound from the engine. It is a bit of a screeching sound which lasts a couple of seconds. It doesn't hinder performance and does it from gears 1 to 3.

Someone mentioned it could be a thrust bearing about to go?? Does anyone know what it might be?

If it is a clutch, how labour intensive is changing it? - We can get the ElsaWin manuals...

Cheers,

David Herman

Reply to
David Herman