Heidelberg Radio balance control problem

Hi:

My 1992 Jetta has a Heidelberg radio and the volume/balance control is producing a lot of static/crackling noise in the driver's side speakers. I've tried to clean the controls by spraying some contact cleaner fluid while keeping the volume control knob pulled out so that the spray can seep into the potentiometer. This helps to get rid of the static/crackling noise in the speakers, however, temporarily. And the noise comes back after 1-2 days. Even if I turn the balance all the way to the passenger side speakers, the noise remains.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

AJ.

Reply to