lights - water in them 2001 2.0l Jetta automatic

We have a 2001 Jetta with 66,000 miles on it. It has been in four accidents, two of which were significant.

This is a GREAT car if you're going to get hit, believe me I know. VW has quality and poor support for some issues but we'll buy another when necessary because of it's protective abilities - never a scratch yet. Biggest accident took well over 9K in repairs, T-boned by Chevy

4 dr Blazer, which didn't fare very well either.

Now the left front and left rear light lenses have an accumulation of water drops and condensation in them. I attribute this to using the vehicle as a bumper car. This just occurred and accidents were several months ago so I can't go back to insurance company.

I assume I can remove the fixtures and use some sort of sealant to make them sealed again, or am I wasting my time? I see no cracks from the outside.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Dermott

For the front make sure the cover in the rear is on fully. I have seen them do that when the bulbs were changed and the cover left loose. The rear, if you find the crack then use clear silicone.

Reply to
Woodchuck