Oil oozing

Anybody with experience using an engine oil additive for sealing slight leaks (eg Redex Stop Oil Leak)?

My 1996 Golf 2litre (2E) engine has a small seepage of oil from a small area of the head gasket on the left side of the engine. It's very slight - more an annoyance than anything else, but I don't want it to become worse.

Will such an additive work? Are there any drawbacks? Any thoughts welcome...

-Roy- (Surrey, England)

Reply to
Roy Hammond

Jim B.