R32 Owners

Was it REALLY worth all the extra $$ spent over the cost of a GTI?

Reply to
Rakblight2

and don't you miss having ground clearance?

Reply to
Tom's VR6

if you would have driven one, you would think one inch clearance was a great trade off for this balanced sport machine. it makes the regular gti feel more like a gl jetta 2.0.

regards

Reply to
euro930

I'm not sure what the point of this question is, but I have only sat in an R32 and sprinted with two in traffic. They are quite fast. Both times I was behind them I had to lift between 2&3 with my 337 and after that they just pull away like there is no tomorrow. The exhaust note is wild. The interior is in my opinion excellent, throw in the versatility of a Golf, AWD and it is the kind of car I would drive if I could spare the cash. Of course you can see the competition in the Evo and STX not to mention whatever else will be creeping into the picture. The cool thing is that it's a VW, not a BMWhatever or Mercedes. It's encouraging to see cars of this style and power in this price class. If you do the math it might make more sense. Take a straight GTI and throw in the R32 engine, 6 speed trans, AWD, interior, wheels and tires and you have quite a bit more car for the money. I don't think you can honestly compare the two cars In the meantime I'll be thrashing about in my 337 (a great car(worth the extra$)).

Jim

Reply to
Jim

EDIT er..mmm......I meant STi as in WRX not STX, excuse my lapse of wit.

Reply to
Jim

To me this is just the long long long awaited...

Did I mention long?

....Awaited arrival of the Golf Synchro that was rallied in SCCA Pro series years ago I loved to watch

Its about friggin time!!!

Reply to
Biz