R32 problems

I have a brand new Golf R32 bought in July, here in the UK. Since I got it, it has now spent more time in the dealers' workshop than in my garage and I've done more miles in loan cars than in my own. The problem is a random electronic failure which sometimes causes the immobiliser to refuse to let the car start and other times gives incorrect warnings of zero oil pressure or air bag failure.

I'd like to know if this is a known problem - anyone come across it?

Before anyone comments - yes I've already told the dealers I am not satified with the car and want my money back. I'm looking for information in case this is a well-known problem and we end up in court over it.

Reply to
Norman Billingham

Nope, that's a new concern on me.

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck

Sorry to hear about your situation. Sounds like a voltage supply issue to or at the instrument cluster. Hope you work it out with the dealer.

Reply to
Madesio