R32 comments

I'm about ready to finalize my purchase of a new R32, but would like to know if anyone has any feedback about it?

I was kind of surprised that there is not one thread about it...

Reply to
Sonam Dasara

I got to ride along in one. Fantastic handling, but typical of VW the stock tires could/should be better. However, the car is a tire upgrade away from WRX STi and EVO beating track times. It'll never match them in a straight line but it's definitely more composed and has a better "track oriented" suspension. The VWVortex/SUBDriven co-reivew seemed to indicate the same opinion among the test drivers. As far as sheer accleration the car is fun, but not awe inspriring. With a 0-60 time of 5.9-6.0 it'll match the non-S Boxster, 350Z, S2000, RX-8 and WRX. But it will fall short of the STi, EVO and even Dodge's Neon SRT-4. I like the AWD and the six-speed tranny, plus the front seats are great, but I almost wish they'd done a turbo'd 2.8 VR6 or bored-out a 1.8T to 2.0 litres rather than using the N/A 3.2. Getting a used TT 225 with Quattro and 6-speed would be a tempting choice over the R32 if I had the cash. An APR Stage I chip with no other mods gets you 257Hp and 264 Ft. Lbs. of torque from K04 equipped

1.8Ts. It's to bad there isn't a 4Motion equipped version of the Jetta GLi sold.
Reply to
Steve Grauman

suspension. The

Reply to
Rob Guenther

Gas mileage and tuneability. My 1.8T gets the same MPG as the 115Hp 2.0 but is a far better performer. Typically, small displcaement engines with forced induction can be kept quite economical. I rode in a chipped TT180 that also had a new blow-off valve and it was as close to lagless as I've ever known a Turbo engine to be. The slight lagging below 1,900RPM and during under-speed passing maneuvers I get in my GTi were gone, at least noticeablly so.

Reply to
Steve Grauman

And of course the weight factor........

SFC

"Steve Grauman" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m17.aol.com...

Reply to
SFC

AND, the NA will be more 'drivable', as it most likely has more torque (or at least a much wider band).

Then, in a few years when it's paid off, I'd slap a supercharger on that beast :-)

Reply to
93 Fox