remove passenger side dash vent

How do you removed the passenger side dash vent as the one in there has broken louvers?

Reply to
willuhelp

NOW I see your other post. It would be better to keep your posts in the same thread as long as the subject matter is the same. Starting a new thread just addles old guys like me.

Anyway, you really should get yourself a Bentley service manual if you intend to do much maintenance on your car. Bentley has a version for just about all Volkswagens, and they generally run in the $50 range.

For my much older (1988) Rabbit, all that you do is gently pry it out with a putty knife.

Reply to
Papa

Care to share what car it is? it's different depending on the model.

On my A2 GTI it just gently pries out. A friend of mine had an A3 Jetta and it was nearly impossible to get one of those out w/o breaking things. It had some kind of retaing clip that was not easy to remove, as if the vent grille was intended to go into the dash once and never ever come out.

Reply to
Matt B.

Some require you to remove the louvers first then maybe some clips to C A R E F U L L Y pry lightly up or some screws to remove. Some you just carefully pry out.

But who knows what car this is! lol

Reply to
One out of many daves