Split CV boot kit

Anyone had any experience with the split boots?

Good or bad.

Reply to
Dave

I put a set on my '85 Jetta years ago, and as I recall, it was a bitch to keep grease out of the little "zip-lock" seal so the adhesive would make a good seal. But, in the end, it worked all right. Keep everything scrupulously clean, start all over again after cleaning thoroughly if you get any grease in the crease.

Reply to
Brian Running

I'll second Brian Running's comments about keeping everything scrupulously clean while installing a split CV boot. I did it a couple of times on an '84 Honda Accord, and they worked fine.

My technique for keeping grease out of the boot seam was to wash my hands (after removing the old boot and regreasing the joint) first with Goop, then rubbing alcohol, and finally with water.

Rich Wales snipped-for-privacy@richw.org

Rich Wales

Nitrile gloves are useful

Reply to