Camry Split CV Boots

Anyone know where I can get split (inside driver side) CV boots for a 1991 Toyota Camry Wagon. This car has 240K miles on it, and I can't afford to pay to have the boots replaced by a mechanic.

I know the split boots do not last very long, but I only want to use the car for a few more years.

Tks much

MC

Reply to
Mel

I'd recommend an aftermarket Cardone new halfshaft ($72) or Cardone rebuilt halfshaft ($60).

Your local auto parts store should be able to order split boots. They should be about $10.88 like the following from partsamerica.com. So two on one halfshaft would be about $25.

Do consider a rebuilt axle (by Cardone) for $60, or a new aftermarket Cardone for $72. The difference between the boots and the rebuilt is about $35. And you get warranty from Cardone (lifetime with the new?). Some parts stores have free loaner tools. Check them out.

Instructions from Autozone:

I selected regular Camry, not the AllTrac, so you might want to check again yourself.

Reply to
johngdole