02 suburban electronics

can someone help me please? i have a 02 suburban, and it has the rear tuner for the radio. i have never used it (just bought it). i would like to add lcd monitors into the headrest with a fm modulator. will the rear tuner tune in the fm modulator? it would be nic if my kids could tune into the dvd player without effecting what im listening to in the front, or is there a way around this otherwise?

thank for all your help in advance.

also, e85 flex fuel, is it ok to run it with a 1/2 tank of regular fuel? i got e85 today at my local fuel center for .85 cents. it was a awesome deal.

Reply to
Troy Nemes

Your best bet is to either buy an monitor w/a blaster built in or go with a FM mod set of head phones. This would absolutetly be your easiest way to get what you are looking for. No, the rear tuner will not do what you are trying to accomplish.

Reply to
azwiley1

does the rear tuner, use the antenna? could i not hook a inline fm modulator if it does?

Reply to
Troy Nemes

No, it does not. All that you have there is a control unit, it is not a tuner in the manner of which you are thinking. Besides, with the set up that you are looking to run, the way I suggested is truly the best option for you. It will allow the kids to watch/listen to what ever they want and you and the wife can listen to what ever you want on the stereo.

Now, so you know why I am recommending this. I used to do car audio electronics for a living and over the years, experienced all sorts of installations to accomplish what you are looking to do.

There are some companies, that you can get an All in One setup that will give you everything you need. (Screen, DVD, headphones, etc.) Stay away from Wal-Mart/Target brand shit, because it is just that, shit.

An example of one I would strongly recommend is something like the PMD-103CM from Power Acoustic.

know the name might sound cheap, but I can tell you with 100% certainty their products work. We used this one dozens of times at the shop I worked at with never a return. I have two of their screens in my truck and LOVE them!

Now, I know you said headrests, which they also have, but I would not suggest you try to install them yourself. Myron and Davis make direct replacement headrests, but they are not cheap ($1200 or so).

Reply to
azwiley1