radio will not work 95 suburban

i have a 95 suburban and the battery went dead (several months)and now the radio will not work. the manual tells me it's the antitheaft but i can not get anything to work accroding to the instruction. the radio is making a clicking sound (like a clock ticking) any help/advise will be welcomed.

am/fm/cassite/cd player

Reply to
John

It sounds to me like you have a cd stuck in the player and it is trying to eject it. Take a look. Bob

Reply to
Bob Truck

Reply to
John

As much as it sucks, the dealer might be able to help you. A friend of mine bought the factory 6-disc radio for his '02 2500 and it didn't work because of the Theft Det system. He had to have the dealer hook up to the computer and program the truck to accept a new radio.

Reply to
Ken Williams

What does the digital display say on the radio? Does it say "loc"? If so you will need to enter the security code to unlock it for starters. I have instructions on how to do that if you have lost the code. If you still have the code following the instructions in the owners manual should work.

Reply to
Forest Hursey