central locking busted

Hi What have i done! i wanted a live feed from the boot to run a fm modulator that runs of a dvd player. I disconected a socket on the boot roof to the left but could not find a live wire. i pushed a wire into the boot light and it worked. a constant live, i thought this is easy, but then when i got in the car the interior and door lights stayed on for several minutes before flashing and then going out. the central locking has stopped working as well. i have removed the wire from the boot light to the modulator and reconnected the socket in the boot roof but the problems are still there. any help in this would be great. many thanks dave

Reply to
porky

ps: it's a 406 coupe

Reply to
porky

check fuses first

Reply to
Mindwipe

The only fuses i can find are next to the battery compartment, there is about six of them and they look ok. i would have thought that a car with this spec to have more.

Reply to
porky

My 406 is a saloon but should be similar. There is a fuse box in the cabin. Under the dash, just above the driver's right knee (assuming yours is a right hand drive car).

Reply to
Buccaneer

thanks, they were hidden behind that little compatment,i have just found them. dont know whats happening but i got up this morning and all is working ok. where do you think is the best place to get a clean live connection. i am thinking about running a wire straight from the battery or the fuse box. after what happened the other day i'm a scared to touch it in case i trigger something else. cheers dave

Reply to
porky

I am not that familiar with the wiring on Peugeots but I have to admit that in the '60s I often took a direct feed from the battery when I had my first old bangers. The only snag is that you do not then have the safety net of a fuse although I have seen in line fuse holders that you can buy and insert in the lead. The only other place that comes to mind is whether you can take a feed from the cigarette lighter.

Hopefully one of the gurus on this group will see this and give you a lead (excuse the pun).

Reply to
Buccaneer