Ipod Install in 02 Range Rover L322

Hi I have a 2002 Range Rover Vogue with the inbuilt TV/Satnav etc. I have just purchased an Ipod and want to be able to plug this into my car and have the ability to watch dvd and play music from my ipod throught the car stereo. I also want to have picture in motion, The abilty to play the same on rear headrest screens when fitted, a rear view camera and be able to control the ipod from the steering wheel controls....

I'm sure this all must be possible but I can't yet find just one kit to do all these jobs.

Please help

Brian Tonks

Reply to
Brian Tonks

Brian Tonks uttered summat worrerz funny about:

That sorts the Ipod and Audio side.

I got a BMW TV lead off ebay and modded the pins for my reversing camera. I'll be adding another cam to the rear of the caravan for an always on. You could run AV constantly thru this lead but you will only then get the sound in mono. My plan to get around that is purely to run the audio from the required source through an FM transmitter such as sold for ipods / mp3's and recieve stereo sound via the radio - it's likely given other priorities not to happen mind.

As for getting it all controlled via the steering wheel no need as your hands will be free when parked to reach the buttons / device :-P

I'm firmly behind the concept of the TV image not showing while in motion. All too tempting to glance. I have listened to the odd program while in motion mind (image shuts off in motiond for those not in the know) and I find I don't actually seem to miss all that much not actually seeing the image (was the news and weather in my case mind).

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

The Ipod video output uses the stereo 3.5mm jack plug, video on one channel, sound on the other, so the sound is also only in mono so that would be fine for his ipod. Then again, if it's wired up for analogue sound then he could rig up a switch that switched the channel that carries video over to the composite input. That would save reconnecting the ipod up in a different configuration. An ipod dock with video output would be another approach, gaffer-taped to the dash.

You can get stereos that connect to an ipod dock and play the ipod's files via the stereo, not via the ipod, so they only use the ipod as a store for the MP3 files. I'd avoid that kind of thing because it means live playlists can't be continued or updated, e.g. I have one that lists all my unplayed podcasts in order of date added, if I plugged it into one of those things it'd get messed up so best stick to using the ipod analogue out (through the headphone or ideally through the dock connector).

Not "debbie does dallas" then..

Reply to
Ian Rawlings