02 suburban onstar

can the onstar wiring be moved to the mirror location? i would like to purchase a new rear view mirror that has onstar in it and of course would like to move the onstar wiring upto it. is the connection the same and will it plug right in?

thanks again for your help

Troy

Reply to
tnemes

You're going to try and do this on a vehicle who's OnStar will 100% non-functional after December 31st of this year?

Augustus

Sorry to break it to you but a 2002 Suburban is one of the non-upgradeable vehicles and all OnStar function will cease Dec31st 2006. So I would'nt waste my time spending extra cash for an OnStar mirror.

Reply to
Augustus

oops you meant dec 31 2007 - end of this year - i know it was just a slip :-)

Reply to
samstone

Ooops...you're right. What's odd is that my '02 Impala LS's Onstar is upgradable to digital for a whopping $15. But the '02 truck line isn't.

Reply to
Augustus

Thanks guys, i appreciate the warning. i didnt know that.

Troy

Reply to
tnemes

the fcc is also messing with things in the tv broadcast freq. ranges also , ( license fees seems the root ) so after ( iirc ) mid feb of 2009 your local tv stations have to stop broadcasting analog and must switch to digital too. So you'll need a a/d box for older tv's to recieve usable signals.

Reply to
samstone

That would be a d/a box...not a/d.

Reply to