'05 Silverado Vibration

My new 05 Silverado 4X4 1500 has a vibration that appears at 43mph. It slowly dissipates until it is gone at around 55mph. The dealer has replaced two tires and checked the wheels. The dealer says the rims are good and that the "vibration" is now "normal." Any suggestions as to what may be causing this?

Rob

Reply to
Rob

My 02 had the same problem, 43 and 55 mph. It since has had 3 complete sets of tires replaced by dealer (lateral runout???) and two counterweight contraptions placed under the vehicle. The replacement tires would seem smooth until about 800 miles on them and then the bouncing/vibrations would start again. The tires are General Ameri 660's. On the third replacement I tried to trade them into local tire dealers with about 15 miles on them , $10 each was the highest price....needless so say , I still have them on there and the seem ok now. My truck has the split driveshaft, which was taken off and checked for balance in an effort to find the problem.

Reply to
MikeG

What part of the truck is shaking... and in what direction ??

Does the vibration appear on both bumpy and smooth roads at 43 mph?

Reply to
Dennis Mayer

Rob, go to the link below, register and search the forums for "vibration problems" and you will find several discussions of your problem along with some solutions. Good luck.

Autumn

Reply to
Autumn

I would suggest that the vibration probably occurs when the tires are new but as the tires wear in the wear pattern in the tires is influenced by the vibrationand that feeds back until yoiu get a vibration strong enough for you to feel.

Reply to
Mike Powers