05 Silverado vibration

My new 05 Silverado 4X4 1500 has a vibration that appears at 43mph. It slowly dissipates until it is gone at around 55mph. The dealer has replaced two tires and checked the wheels. The dealer says the rims are good and that the "vibration" is now "normal." Any suggestions as to what may be causing this?

Rob

Reply to
Rob

I'd find a shop that can do a Road Force Balance and know what they're doing! This well also tell you if there's a problem with the rim or the tire. Might have to rotate the tire on the wheel and balance correctly to fix the problem. So find a shop with a Hunter Road force balance machine. Go here for more Info!

Click on Locate a GSP9700 to find a shop in your area with the machine. It does work and work good. Of course the person running the machine needs to know what they're doing.

Reply to
JBDragon

I addition, there was a TSB indicating that one model of OEM wheel can fail causing vibration and a slow leak. They won't touch it after warranty though.

I had a copy of the TSB, but can't seem to find it. It was the standard steel 16" rim.

Reply to
scrape

Good luck getting it fixed. I bought a 2000 Shakerado and had the same problem. Took it back to the dealer 5 times. Finally on the 5th time they told me it was normal and that they all do it. BS. I would be driving down the road and if I tried to talk it would sound like it does when you're talking and pounding on your chest at the same time. I traded the truck in on a 01 Dodge Ram and haven't looked back since. Good luck!

Bob

Reply to
Bob M