08 chevy crew cab silverado

i need some advise.

i just bought an 08 chevy silverado crew cab. i want to put a factory in-dash navigation in it. first is it a plug-n-play installation? second, can someone tell me a part number i need, that will be compatible to my truck?

thankss

Troy

Reply to
Troy Nemes (FMR)

What ever happen to you nav system project in your other truck?

Reply to
azwiley1

i ended up getting a motorized kenwood.

Reply to
Troy Nemes (FMR)

LOL

Reply to
azwiley1

can anyone help with this question?

i would really like to know, due to i can get one off ebay for around

600-800 instead of 2250 from the dealer.

Thanks

Troy

Reply to
Troy Nemes (FMR)

Well, In therory Troy, it "should" be a simple plug and play operation, but since it is an 08 model and I have not be in the dash of one, I can't be sure. Honestly, your best bet might be to call the dealership service tech and see if they would know.

Reply to
azwiley1

well, ive done that when i bought the truck. they didnt really know the answer either. all they kept saying was i would be better off the buy an aftermarket unit. so i guess with that said, can i install a double din unit into the opening of the '08 dash? also if so, is there a dash kit i need to purchase, and any wiring harness(s)?

i really appreciate everyones help.

ps. according to the GM Accessories website, 07 and 08 model nav unit, is the same unit for both years.

Thanks again,

Reply to
Troy Nemes (FMR)

Again, since it is an 08 I am not sure about it's set up, size etc.. You will need a harness, most likely extremely similar to the one I told you for your other truck. I know they would not/did not change that.

You can look your stuff up here, BUT remember this is an 08 you are talking about they don't list anything which means they are not likely out yet.

azwiley1

i was afraid you were going to say that....lol. i would really like to know this answer. oh well, ill just have to wait.

Reply to
Troy Nemes (FMR)