Brake controller hookup on 2007 Chevy Silverado

I have a Reese brake controller and want to install on my 2007 Silverado but it has to be hard wired, which wire goes to what? The reese has four wires, they are Power, Ground, Stop Light, and Brake(blue).

Tks Brent

Reply to
Brent Marsden

I thought the Trucks are basically all ready wired, you need a simple wiring harness that plugs into some connector under the dash and you hook the controller up to that. If your truck didn't come with it, go ask the Chevy Dealer! It can't be very much for it. I know I can order one for my truck at JC Whitney also for a whole $9.99. This is a example for my truck. They didn't show one for a 2007 so it might be different then my truck. It should be easy enough. I haven't gotten one yet since I don't tow anything that requires one.

JBDragon

If you already have the 7 way plug installed from Chevy, there is an adapter plug that connects to about where your left foot rests while driving. Look in your owners manual.

Reply to
Bill