Latest threads in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Brake Lights
My brake Lights don't work , I have changed fuses and the switch that hooks to the brake pedal. Any other suggestions?
2
2

96 S 10 Hard Start
I just R&R the distributor cap, rotor, plugs and wires. It start alittle hard. It's like there isn't spark or something. It cranks okay but won't fire, any suggestion? Doug
2
2

6.0 in place of 5.3
2000 silverado What do I need to change the engine out for a 6.0 , will the existing computer work what year 6.0 do I buy? Tips welcome, naysayers and balloon poppers send replies to dev/null

Timming 94 GM 5 Liter
The emisions sticker says to disconnect the timing plug. They said not to disconnect the 4 wire connector on the distibutor but did not say where thie timming plug is. Does anyone know where it is...
2
2

1993 GMC starter problems
I am looking for some help on fixing the starter problem on my truck. I have a 1993 GMC 1500 Z71 with the 5.7 engine, it has about 133,000 miles on it. A few weeks ago I had a new flywheel put on as...
6
6

FYI: Colorado Recall
I received a recall from Chevy today. It is for the brake light switch. I have a '05 4 WD Frank
12
12

Ignition Problem 89 Chevy 5.7
I couldn't start my truck so I changed out the Cap, which had a crack in it, changed the rotor. No luck. then i switched the ignition module with an 88 GMC 5.7 that I have, but no luck. Finally I...
2
2

chevy truck stalls
I have a 93 chevy 4x4 with 117,000 miles. On my way to work it just quit-- died, It did that for about 3 days always starting right back up. Then it stopped restarting and a mechanic told me it was...

4.3 TBI vrs CPI 4.3?
Can some one tell me the basic differences in these 2 GM engines? Thanks! Bobby
13
13

1995 Chevy S10 4x4 ZR2
Hi, Iam having a 4 wheel drive problem I have no idea what it could be. When I put the truck in 4low all 4 tires do not spin when I brake torque it only the back do. But when I put it in 4Hi all tires...
3
3

any GM response or settlement to leaking head gaskets and manifolds?
Does anyone know if GM offers any assistance to owners who have the head gaskets and/or intake manifold leak coolant after the warranty is out? skimmer
19
19

Avalanche Floor Lighting
This is something I've just noticed on my 9 month old '04 Chevy 1500 Z71 Avalanche...there's no floor lighting on either side! Dome courtesy lights and door marker lights come on when door is open,...
5
5

99 Silverado 4x4 squeaky wheels
Is it the break wear indicators? Have 100k and haven't changed break pads yet (1st Silverado model with all 4 wheels with disk breaks). When driving slowly with window down I can hear the squeaking....
2
2

97 Chevy K-1500 shifts in the 4-hi by itself...
My 97 K-1500 (104,000 miles) truck has started to shift itself into 4Hi on its own. The transfer case shift lever is still in 2-lo, but the transfer case light comes on, and you can hear/feel the...
3
3

2000 S10 4x4 Leveling
I'm wanting to install an add-a-leaf to my 2000 S10 ext cab 4x4. The manufacture says this will raise my bed ~1.5"-2.5" inches. I'm looking for a cheap way to level out my truck. I'm not looking to...