Avalanche Floor Lighting

This is something I've just noticed on my 9 month old '04 Chevy 1500 Z71 Avalanche...there's no floor lighting on either side! Dome courtesy lights and door marker lights come on when door is open, but no floor lighting? Any Avalanche owners out there who can tell me if this is normal or if I've got burned out/ missing bulbs or a fuse for the floor lights?

Reply to
Augustus

Those were removed from 03 to 04. If you look under the dash right next to the kick panels you can see the little metal bracket with the + shaped hole where the bulb socket mounts. You can buy the bulb sockets and add it back in. In the electrical center on the floor, plug C10 pins B and C, or the large plug on the back pin B10 is the courtesy lamp bus. I used the one on the back and followed the wiring up into the dash to make it look neat and keep C10 B and C open for if I want to add lights to the back doors. You will need one .280 female metripack pin, you can get a NAPA Part # 725157 and clip the licking tang off as its not needed since the plug housings have the locking tang. Unplug the plugs on the front then if you want to plug into the back there are two tabs that you push to release and it swings out on the two pins at the bottom and then you can lift it out. Then unbolt the center and unplug. Release the blue secondary lock and slide it out then crimp your pin on a wire and plug it in making sure it locks, put the blue secondary back in and plug back on. Disconnect the battery first of course, and sometimes when I disconnect my battery for electrical mods the climate control seems to forget the blend door positions and will blow one side the wrong temperature and a couple engine run/stop cycles it figures it out again.

Reply to
Eugene

Thanks for the detailed response.....it kind of ticks me off that they delete this kind of thing to save a couple of bucks on a $40,000+ vehicle. Where I live this time of year the sun goes down at 4:20 and rises at

8:45....the truck floor is pitch dark if you drop something. I have to use a flashlight to see it! And although your instructions are pretty clear, it sounds like a pain to hook up the lights that should have been there in the first place.
Reply to
Augustus

Its actually pretty easy, it took me longer to fish the wires through the dash. You may also notice you lost the underhood and glove box lights, both of which can be added back in the same way.

Reply to
Eugene

Eugene,

Where did you buy the bulb sockets? NAPA or did you have to go to the dealer?

Thanks

Reply to
Silverado

You can get those at any automotive store. They are the ones you push in and turn 1/8 turn to lock in place and hold the little 161/194 bulbs

Reply to
Eugene