1988 Chevy Pickup bucking problem

88 Chevy PU 350V8, 5spd. What would cause a bucking problem? This usually only happens when I'm going up a steep grade on the highway. The truck will be running fine, I'll hit a steep hill and it will start to buck. Could it be a timing problem? Or what else would cause this problem?

TIA,

- Paul

Reply to
paulgiro77

Could be the Distributor module is going bad or maybe a fuel injector that's got an intermittent problem. If it were me (only because I've already experienced the problem) I'd take the distributor module to Auto Zone and get it tested. Couldn't pinpoint mine until it died completely (in the middle of nowhere).

Rich B

I agree with Rich, distributor problem is likely. Possibily the pickupcoil.

Cheers

Reply to
Martin Riddle

Going up a hill, your foot is deeper in the throttle. The cylinder charge is more dense and is therfore harder to ignite. Check entire ignition system starting with the coil and coil wire.

-Bob

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Reply to
Bob