1991 Suburban interior lights will not go out

All.

1991 4x4 2500. Got home from camping and the next evening noticed the 2 dome lights were still on inside the truck. I don't have a service manual or wiring diagram.

All 5 door switchs were checked with a multimeter and look ok.

I have not taken the light switch off the dash yet.

Any other quick suggestions of where I may look

Thanks in Advance.

P.S. The battery has been charged and the 2 lights removed.

Reply to
PJ

George

For the interior light circuit, there's a white wire and orange wire that run together. Orange is hot 12 volts (obviously thats ok), and the white switches to ground when door opened or interior light switch turned on. So the white wire must be seeing ground all the time. If the pin switches are good and dash switch good, the white wire must be shorted to ground somewhere. It runs under drivers side kickpanel , I'd pull that up and look for corrosion and make sure its not pinched to ground there. Sometimes 1 of the kickpanel mounting screws can nick the wire and over years of moisture can cause the problem you are having. Rico.

Reply to
Rico

I did rotate the switch. That was the first thing my wife asked me. Not a dump question at all. I have not looked at the switch yet (with a multimeter).

Thanks.

Reply to
PJ