1995 5.7L Timing??

Trying to set the timing on a 1995 GMC Sierra 5.7L (2WD) which has lost it's emissions label?

Anyone know the spec?

Thanks,

Terry Florida snipped-for-privacy@cfl.rr.com

Reply to
th

Shep

You can get the info from your local autozone, etc and etc..ask them to print it out and make a copy of it and put on on your truck covered with these clear sticky tape. Be sure the surface is clean before you put it on. I can't be sure but i think it is at 12 degree before but cant be sure about it. You can goes to this site

to get the info you needs if you can't get to your local part store.

Reply to
Whtblazer

My manual says refer to underhood label but my 89 Burb calls for TDC and it is the same engine configuration. YOU DO NOT WANT TO SET IT TO

12BTDC!!! Makesure you disconnect electronic advance control before you set it. I run mine at about 6BTC and use 93 octane and it runs great but if you plan to use 87 figure on 2ATDC to maybe TDC tops as it will ping badly otherwise.
Reply to
SnoMan