1998 Chevrolet Blazer sport 4x4 trouble

I have a 1998 Chevrolet Blazer sport 4x4 and I am having a problem up in the right front wheel area. This is what happens, when I'm driving it in

2wd about 65-70 mph I get this noise like the wheel bearing is going and as I let my foot off the gas and decellerate, the noise gets louder and then when I start to stop maybe around 10mph it sounds like cardboard going through the spokes of a bicycle tire, then when I come to a complete stop something up there is disengaging then I can go again. The brakes, rotors, caliper, caliper hose, and wheel bearing have already been replaced. Where do I start next? Any ideas what it could be? The transfer case switch on the dash as already been replaced too!! HELP!!!
Reply to
cstroup22

Check the front axle disconnect on the passanger side of differentail. Is is cable controled driven by a vacum servo and it may be stuck partially engaged and making noisy that is being radiated through axle into wheel assembly.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Check the CV joints for wear. Does the sound change while making a turn? If they are OK then look at the Axle interlock actuator. It may be starting to fail or the shift fork may be damaged causing the collar to bind.

Reply to
Steve W.