1999 Z71

Hello All,

I've just purchased a 1999 Z71 extended cab short box. I was wondering if anyone knew where on the internet I can get the engine specifications?

It has the vortec 5.7 liter V8.

Also it has 55,000 miles on it, are there any things specific to this year and model truck that might need attention? All seams well and it runs smooth and strong. "Like A Rock"

Thanks Brian

Reply to
NoSpam

A '99 half ton with a 350? Please, check and verify this because I would almost bet my lunch that it's not, but rather a 5.3 or 4.8 liter.

Is this the new body style of old? Should be the new body style. I thought the only thing in '99 getting a 350 was a HD truck and Suburbans.

Snowman

Reply to
Snowman

as far as i know or heard there was both body styles for 99 the old style had the 5.7 in it.

Reply to
Charles H.

the 88-98 C/K lasted into the '00 MY as the "C/K Classic"

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

I was wondering about that as well, the 350. But the CarFax report from the VIN number says it's a 5.7 liter. And under the hood on the vacuum routing sticker it says it's a 5.7 liter as well. But it is a K1500 and not a K2500.

Reply to
NoSpam

"Snowman" < wrote

Like Bret said, the classic trucks (old style) lasted into 2000.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai

Now that we have all that settled ;-)

Does anyone know where I can get motor specifications like horsepower and torque for this model?

Thanks Brian

Reply to
NoSpam

should be 255HP and (I *think*) 340 ftlbs tq.

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

Reply to
NoSpam

if it is an old body style '99 it will have the old 5.7L (350ci) engine. the new body style '99 has the 5.3L.

i know because my wife drives an old body style '99 tahoe with a 5.3L motor and i drive a new body style '99 Z71 Silverado with a 5.3L.

message

Reply to
Texas Legend

shoot...that should read, "my wife drives an old body style '99 tahoe with a

5.7L motor"

Reply to
Texas Legend

. .

======== ======== snipped-for-privacy@spam.not (NoSpam) writes......

I was wondering if anyone knew where on the internet I can get the engine specifications? It has the vortec 5.7 liter V8.

Thanks Brian ======= =======

4-U

GM 5.7L Engine Address:

your welcome Marsh ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

I mis-typed It is supposed to be 255 HP and 330ftlbs

Don't you just hate it when that happens?

message

I can dig it.

Snowman

Reply to