2000 Jimmy Bonk

When I park the Jimmy and get out of the vehicle I hear a bonk or boink noise from underneath. This happens 2 to 20 secs after stopping. What could this be?

Wed, 12 Jan 2005 16:35:04 -0330

Growl

Does it bonk AFTER you turn the motor off of while it's still running?

If it happens after shutoff it's probably your muffler just making some racket as it starts to cool, pretty common on the Blazer/Jimmy/S-10/Sonoma w/4.3 and huge-ass muffler.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

It happens after shutdown. I was thinking it was the exhaust but I've owned a lot of different vehicles over the past 30 years of driving and never heard the likes before. :>

Thu, 13 Jan 2005 15:24:16 -0330

Growl

You and me both bud! First time my wife's truck bonked it scared the hell out of me as I had it up on jackstands and was underneath getting ready to change the differential fluid!

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Guess I was "lucky" then. I was 10ft away and it startled me.

Thu, 13 Jan 2005 19:48:23 -0330

Growl