2000 Silverado AC

unless he had an inductor coil in the circuit somewhere, he did NOT induce power.

Explain the difference, as you see it?

Reply to
burntkat

ok, I think I see what you are getting at now. Please ignore previous 8)

Reply to
burntkat

I did exactly this on my 89 S10 Blazer. 4.3, 4X4, 700R4.

Afterwards, the compressor made a rattling noise. Nothing is loose, all tensioners on the engine are in good shape.

Compressor came with a clutch on it, and a warranty. Warranted it out, replaced it. Same damn thing.

Any ideas?

Reply to
burntkat

BTW- added GM-type PAG oil each time, directly to the compressor, first thing. also, the noise goes away when I turn the AC off. When I turn it on from a cold start, it's quite the first couple seconds, then starts making noise.

With a full charge of 134a , it blows 46 degree air.

Any more info you need, let me know. Much appreciated!

Reply to
burntkat

Yeah right with a V8 too!!! You are reaching for something not there. BTW the idle control circuit in a injected engine would adjust idle anyway, even on a 4 banger unless it cannot idle because it is locked up that is.

Reply to
SnoMan

Maybe in some trucks but it can be for 25 to 50 PSI depending on tempature and humidity because humidity can have a BIG effect on outlet temp and pressure. (under low humidity the air will be colder and pressure lower to and under high humidity, air will be warmer and pressure a lot higher too so one day it might be 35psi and 46 and another day 55 and 45PSI. (may truck runs 25 to 30 PSI on lower 80?s with some humidity and my wifes 20 to 25 PSI and hers is cold too) It is not set in stone and you have to look at high and low side to really judge how it is working in a specific tempature and humidty.

Reply to
SnoMan

apologies here, I see where you guys are going with this. Have learned a few things in this thread!

Reply to
burntkat

hm.. good point.

Unless the idle control system was FUBAR, too, like in a bad ECU? ;)

Please take a look at my problem elsewhere inthis thread, and tel me how to test this sucker properly? I'm particularly concerned about the rattling noise both compressors have made.

How's the OP coming with this problem?

Reply to
burntkat

ok, now that I'm thoroughly confused..... ;)

I have a testing/charging manifold. Tell me what I need to look for on both sides of the system?

Reply to
burntkat