2001 Blazer with sqeaky front suspension

Everyone know the fix for a sqeaky front suspension on my 2001 Blazer? It's really load. It appears to be the bushings or something on the torsion bars (I think they're torsion bars). I've tried WD40 just see if it goes away and it seemed to but came right back. Any ideas? Thanks. Terry

Reply to
Terry Neer

Really loud is usually ball joints.... have you lifted the front end off the ground and started tuggin on shit?

GMC Gremlin

Reply to
GMC Gremlin

Sometimes the front sway bar rubber bushings will squeak as they age. You might try some chassis lube. You'd have to physically remove them in order to smear a small amount of grease around the sway bar where the bushings are.

Reply to
DonW

It does not sound like a ball joint, but I'll check it out. It could be just that. Thanks for the advise. Terry

Reply to
Terry Neer

Sure seems loud to be the bushings on the sway bar. I'll check it out. Thanks. Terry

Reply to
Terry Neer