2003 Grand Vitara Power Lock

Anybody heard of a vehicle that will automatically lock itself after about twenty seconds. Nice feature except when you leave your keys inside. What might be causing this problem. I lubed everything in sight but it seems persistant and is always around twenty seconds.

Hope you can help.

Reply to
<Brian.Johnson

Greetings,

I'll check with my nephew who has a '99 Grand Vitara and see if his exhibits the same behavior. However, my wife's Kia Sorento will automatically re-lock if you unlock it with the remote but don't open any doors in about

20-30 seconds. It only behaves that way if you use the remote to unlock it and was designed to relock if you accidently unlocked it without realizing it while walking away from the vehicle.

My 2004 Chevy 2500HD operates in a unique way as well. If you activate the power locks either by the remote or by a door switch while a door is open, a chime will ring but the doors will not lock until 5 seconds after the last door is closed. If you hit either button a second time all the doors will lock regardless. But if the doors are all closed and you hit either button the first time all the doors will lock without the delay.

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

Thanks Jonathan

Mystery solved and it's actually quite funny because we took it to a Dealer and they looked at us like we had ten heads. I just did some trials and you nailed it.

Thanks again. Brian

Reply to
<Brian.Johnson