2004 1500 4x4

I have a 2004 1500 4x4 standard work truck. Is there any way of lifting just the front end to level the truck out. I also would like to know what is the biggest size wheel and tire size I can put on without a full lift kit

Reply to
spanky

depends on what kind of springs you have. you can buy coil helpers, you should be able to get 32X11.50 X 15 mud tires with no lift kit. but if the front is already saging you will probably want to get that fixed first

Reply to
dirtdude

Very common. Just turn the bolts, at the rear of the torsion bars, till you get both sides equal. You can get over an inch lift easy. Some say get an alignment after. I have never got an align on any of my 3 trucks and don't notice any unusual tire wear. You don't say chey or GMC (the air damn is different) I know GMC is a slight trim with 285/75 the Chevy can use a bit larger. The stock wheels (6.5 wide) shouldn't be used for more than 285s.

Reply to
calhoun