2500HD vs 3500SRW (again)

Based on info received here (and from a dealer), I thought I understood that an '06 3500SRW truck has ONE additional rear leaf spring per side on the rear axle. But here's another opinion: " The common approach is to add an additional leaf to an existing spring pack. That will give you more spring rate, but it won't be the equivalent of the SRW 3500's. Those have 7 leafs - a lower overload like the 2500hd's and an upper overload. The 3500 has overload spring stops on the frame for the upper overloads. The short bed 2500hd frame does not have those stops (or holes to bolt them to). I think you will be fine with an added leaf (but you were talking SRW 3500 equivalent); make sure your spring shop uses the right size "shackles" for the new spring pack that will now hold 5 leafs instead of 4. " Maybe this is in not really different

Reply to
cew

The ONLY difference between a 2500 HD and a 3500SRW is one leaf per side period. Same spring materail and everything. THe 2500HD has 4 leafs and a booster (pre 99 2500's used to come with 5 +1 same spring materail) The 3500 SRW come with 5 leafs plus a booster. Add one leaf to a 2500HD and 265 "E" tires and they will carry the same weight. THe

3500 dualie has a different spring pack and that is where you may be getting the different spring info.

SnoMan

We added one leaf to a freinds 2500HD last summer when it was a week old because he could not find a 3500 SRW CC they way he wanted it equipped. It has worked on fine for him with a heavy trailer he hauls all the time. (it was not cutting it with stock spring pack)

SnoMan