700r-4

anyone know what size extractor to use to get a broken stud out of my tranny? went to change the fluid out and busted one of the heads right off clean. I figure I just have to centerpunch the stud and drill it and then try and extract it. Only problem is I don't know off the top of my head what size bolts they used in there.

Reply to
Cheryl and Rob

Best bet is to get an extractor set from a parts store! The bolts are a metric equivalent of 1/4inch. It would probably be an 1/8inch ectractor at the largest.

Reply to
Shades

oil pan bolt ?

M-8 x 1.25

if only one is bad, try it as-is

I've seen 'em with several broken and it don't leak

Reply to
TranSurgeon