2000 s-10 4x4 - tricks to removing rear rotors

Hello all: I need to change my rear rotors on my chevy s-10 4x4 4.3 - I recently changed the brake pads and know that a rotor change is in my immediate future. I've done drum brakes before, but never rear disk brakes with the internal parking brake. My Clymer isn't a whole lot of help... I assume I need to change the inner parking brake pads when I put on new rotors... do I need to change any hardware on the parking brake mechanism (springs or such)... also any tricks to pulling the rotor, when I changed the pads - I tried to pull off the rotors without any success - no movement at all - but I will be honest I only put about 50% of what I would normally put out in effort to remove it - I tried using a hammer to strike the drum part of the rotor but nothing budged... My plan in removing the rotors is to pick up a can of penetrating oil - and perhaps a large pulley puller to see if I can pull it that way... Any help at all will be greatly appreciated... thanks ~dave

Reply to
Closed

Shep

thanks .. great suggestion with the slid hammer.. ~D

Reply to
Closed