88 S-10 blazer 700-r4

I would like to know if anyone here knows which line I hook my trans. cooler to.I believe it's the return line?Is it the one on top of the radiator?Hope it's not the one on the bottom,a lot of stuff to take off..can't even see it.If it's the one on top,it should blow fluid from the tank..is this correct?If anyone knows for sure it would save me from spilling a mess of tranny fluid.Thanks! Bobby

Reply to
bobby swift

The easiest way is to start it up and see which is cooler. The hotter one goes from trans to rad and the cooler one runs from rad to trans. So you want to put the cooler after the rad and before the trans (on the cooler hose). It's an easy job and it will have a big effect on transmission life.

good luck, mark

Reply to
r_d

It flows into the bottom conection for tank cooler and out of top one and back to tranny

----------------- The SnoMan

SnoMan

Both lines are the same temp.when the engine is hot both lines are hot.I start engine and run in gear for about 12 seconds and both lines are cool. Thanks! Bobby

Reply to
bobby swift

Appreciate it snoman,glad it's the top one.Easier to get to.I might take a piece of hose and line and connect it top line And put a fitting in the radiator since it's on top,to see which way it travels.I've been flushing the radiator and removed all the antifreeze.Poured in a bottle of zerex super cleaner,now i'll have to drive it for about 3 to 6 hrs.and put in a 195Degree TS.When I first got this truck radiator was full of water and rust.And I don't want this engine to run hot after all i've put in it.So far I've put about 2,500 mi. on it. Thanks Again! Bobby

Reply to
bobby swift

There was a 89 s-10 4.3 at the junk yard with a oil cooler radiator he wanted $30 for it,I probably could get all the filter lines with it.Mine has the remote filter only.Do you think this would be a good up grade.Or a waste of time,that there's a greater risk of oil line leaking or extended engine life. Thanks!Bobby

Reply to
bobby swift

Ok, most of the time the trans warms up faster then the engine. Sorry it didn't work for you.

Good luck, mark

Reply to
r_d

If you play hard, it is worth while. A engine oil cooler is never a bad thing. (unless you live a artic climate)

SnoMan